Lawn mowing services in Byron Bay and surrounding areas are important to maintain the perfect lawn.
The importance of having the best Byron Bay lawn mowing contractors and the critical role mowing plays in the performance and health of your lawn will determine whether you have a great garden or a mediocre one. Not only is it important to mow your grass regularly, but it is important to understand why the grass has to be mowed at certain heights, frequency and method.
Understanding the benefits of correct and regular lawn mowing will help home owners, property owners and property managers decide the right person or Byron Bay lawn mowing company to mow their turf assets.
Mowing the lawn correctly includes:
- Mowing the grass in parallel rows or stripes for the sake of appearance
- Making sure the lawn is mowed at the correct height - this is critical when you understand how different turf grasses are designed. There are two (2) broad categories of turf grasses. These are Cool Season Grasses and Warm Season Grasses. Cool season grasses include rye and fescue grasses. These need to be mowed at around 50 mm (or 2 inches) high. Warm season grasses are a bit trickier in that all can be mowed high, but not all of them like to be mowed short like stadium turf grasses (such as couch or Bermuda grass)
- Mowing the lawn regularly - all warm season grasses need to be mowed regularly to enhance the lawn's appearance and density.
- Trimming the lawn's edges neatly and trimming the grass along walls and fences properly.
- Of course, the contractor should perform all these tasks (and the vacuuming of hard surfaces) in the correct order.